Saturday, May 19, 2007

A Family Farewell

My family held a get together in honor of my impending departure to CHBOLC. Mom and Dad were there; my three brothers and their families were there; my sisters live in New York so they were not. It was a great time. We grilled hot dogs and hamburgers and basically pigged out. We visited a lot and reminisced, too.

There were, of course, some funny things said from (you guessed it) my little girl. For instance: as she sits at the table eating a cupcake, she asks her cousin:

"Do you want this cupcake when I am through with the icing?"

Then she wanted to take Grandma's dog for a walk with the leash, but Grandma was afraid the dog would get away from her and the leash would get hung up in the brush somewhere out in the field. So I tell her to put the leash on her little brother and take him for a walk. She hooked the leash on the belt loop of his pants and proceeded to have him pull her all around the yard. She had great fun. He didn't think too much of the idea!

This get together certainly brought home to me the fact that I am about to embark on this path God has laid out before me. God has been so good. He has not failed to bring confirmation to me that this is His path for me and my family right now. He has faithfully brought assurance that my family will be securely in His hands as I leave.

I am looking forward to what He has in store ahead.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CH Ken,
I'm glad things went so well with the family. Things sure are wrapping up in a hurry. I will be honest when I say that I can't wait to meet you and 2LT Dave. Hope the next week and a half goes great with your wife and kids. SEE you soon.

Anonymous said...

Ken and family,

Your Aydelotte family will continue to pray for you as you "go forth" on "God's path".

Ken, don't you want to take leave and help me teach Bible School the second week in June?!!

Celia

Ken said...

CH KAY
Looking forward to seeing you as well. It won't be long now.

CELIA
Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to be there the second week in June (especially since it would get me out of some early morning Physical Training!!) We miss you guys a lot!

Anonymous said...

We all had a lot of fun on Saturday. I'm glad everyone could be there. We are already looking forward to the next time we will all be together. Love you lots and may God bless.
Mom and Dad