Sunday, June 3, 2007

Here and There

So much has happened since my last post. For one I have traveled about 1000 miles and am now living at Ft. Jackson for the next three months.

Before I left home, though, my youngest learned to ride his bike. I had been working with him earlier in the summer, but the time was not right. A couple of days before I left, he decided he wanted to do it. He took of like a champ, and in a couple of days he was riding like he had been doing it for years. I was so thankful that I got to see him do it before I left.

I felt like God confirmed to me through getting to see my son ride his bike for the first time that He was going to carry us through our journey of following Him into the military. I know that there will be things I miss getting to see my kids do in the future, but it was just like God was saying that our lives would always be intertwined.

Today was my first official day of military service. It consisted of paper work, instructions, and learning how to line up in formation. I report for formation at 5:30 tomorrow morning so I will need to get up at 4:00.

They told us that we have a record attendance for the recent history of CH-BOLC. We have 138 enrolled and we are supposed to increase to 170+ for the second part of the class.

Well, I am here, but very tired tonight. There will be more coming in the days ahead.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You haven't gotten in trouble YET?
Love you Daddy from Pinker

Ken said...

PINKER,
No, I haven't really gotten in trouble yet...but there is still time!!

RODRIGO
Thanks for responding to my blog. I think I was able to make out that you enjoyed it, but sadly, I must admit I am not able to read your native tongue ; ) Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

hello,
i see that you are tired, that could be expected.

you are in my prayers, your whole family is.