Sunday, June 10, 2007

Posts and Pics...at last



Okay...I know I haven't been posting much since I have been here. I am not the 'hoss' that CH Mark Olson is. With the number of posts he has been putting on I think he only needs two hours of sleep each night.





For those of you who do follow my blog (like especially my family and those back at Aydelotte) I will try to be more regular with my posting now. We are finally done with the in-processing so our schedule should become a little more regular.




The first few days was nothing but filling out paper work, listening to long (and usually not very interesting) briefs, and sitting in long lines. The funniest quote one day was by one of my classmates on a day we had to get up at 3:15 in the morning. The day started with a urinalysis. Then because there are so many of us in this class, we kept getting moved from one line to another. Many of us were moved around without ever getting to go into the office to take care of the matter for which we waited. As we sat on the bus near the end of the day, one class mate said: "I have been up since 3:15...and all I have done is pea in a cup!" (okay...well....maybe you had to be there).



On Thursday, we got to wear our uniforms for the first time. As my youngest would say..."I love it...love it, love it, love it!"



Friday morning we did our first PT test. The dreaded PT test. For those of you who read my Toilet Paper Blog...get this...when I did my push ups they told me I was actually going down farther than I needed. I guess the toilet paper prepared me well.


TP...It's not just for the bathroom anymore!!



By the way...I passed the PT: 35 pushups, 43 situps, and 17:33 on the two mile run. PTL!



Saturday was a fun day. We did our first road march (only one mile total) and we got to go reppelling. You can see in one picture where we are lining up in formation to begin our half mile march to the reppelling area. The temp that day was about 99 degrees. HOOAH!!

Then you can see the reppelling tower as we arrived. I wish I could put more pictures, but they would not let us take our cameras in.
Things are going great. I miss my family terribly, but I am excited to be here because I know more than ever that this is God's place for me.
Hopefully, posts will start coming a little more regularly now.










5 comments:

Chaplain Mark Olson said...

Hooah Ch. Ken. I'm Loving It!

David May said...

First I existed in the shadow of my two brothers and First Baptist Vinita. Now I am existing in the shadow of my two brothers as one is a minister involved with international missions and the other is a Chaplain the the Army. It is nice here in the shadow! :) I could not be more proud of my little brother Ken!

Donna said...

I'm glad you're enjoying the "boot camp" experience (I use quotations because for those of us who were enlisted, you deserve it :-)) I heard about your grocery-shopping trip, too bad there aren't pics of that!! Speaking of...they let you have cameras???? Wow! (not to mention the whole computer thing) Anyway, VBS is going well, let Lt. Dave know we miss him but we're also enjoying his replacement, he's a good "kid." Both of you take care of yourselves, keep safe and finish well.

God Bless,
Donna

Anonymous said...

Thanks for finally posting a picture. Your daughter loved the pic of you and David. Your youngest son laughed and said "my daddy is in the army... right mom right mom right mom." Andrea

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for writing this, it was unbelieveably informative and told me a ton.