Monday, July 2, 2007

MRE Picnic

Well, sorry that it has been a while since I have blogged, but my family has been here.

We had a great time. On Friday, I took the kids to a water park that is here on post. With the military discount, it was only $4.25 per person to get in...not bad. We had a great time.


Then Saturday was the great MRE picnic. Actually, my nephew, Jonathan called them an unholy creation, and a friend of mine, CH Paul, told me that it could possibly be considered child abuse to feed my children MRE's...but they seemed to enjoy it. They do however have that mysterious third arm starting to grow out between their shoulder blades ; )


We hiked on a trail to a playground and then feasted on MRE's.


We then played on the playground equipment. When I pulled the camera out and told them to line up for pictures, my teenager asked incredulously "Me, too?"


He was a good sport about it, though.


It was really good to see my family. It really did me good to see them and see that they are doing okay with the military thing. Oh, I know it is hard for them...but they are a group that is pretty strong in their faith, and that leads them to be pretty strong.


They will be staying with me through the fourth, and then they will make the trip back. It has been great to have them here, and I will hate to see them go.

Coming up later in the week will be my beret post.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't know if makeing Your kids eat MRE'S Would be child abuse or not, BUT,I,bet it might make them--NOT-- want to follow in Your foot steps.
Love Ya
Dad

Ken said...

Dad,
I seem to remember telling you when I was about 6 that I wanted to go into the Army because I wanted to follow in your footsteps. Well.......

Anonymous said...

I'll stick to my Navy MRE's...Steak, burgers and such, off of the grill. Just sitting here on the 4th thinking about you and Dave, know that we thank you for your service and we pray for you every day.

Frank and Jamie K

Anonymous said...

nice that you get to see your family, that helps i'm sure. i can only assume that by beret post you mean you're about to start wearing a beret instead of pc. please remember, if you find yourself looking like chef boyardee or a pizza delivery man you still have some adjusting to do. my advice, shave it down and then wear it in the shower...
jonathan