Saturday, August 4, 2007

A Fine Fort Jackson Saturday Morning

Well...it's Saturday morning. That means one more week is in the record books, and I am one week closer to going home...although home is a place I have never lived before (because my family got moved to Fort Riley earlier this week).

When my wife and kids got to the place we leased, even though we put the deposit down last May, they did not have it ready yet. It needed an inspection by the city. When my wife went into the office to get the key and they told her there would be a delay, she said "...okay...I'll be right back." She went out to the car got the kids...and the cat...and came back in and took up residence in the office.

Amazingly enough, it wasn't long before she had the key to our apartment. (Way to go, honey!!! - - I tell you what...she is still not quite convinced yet...but I married me one tough Army wife!!)

Back to Ft. Jackson...

I just got back from a nice run. I went out at 0700 but the humidity was still about 300%. It was a good run, though, and now I am starting my day.

I get to go help lead worship for the 120th Receiving BN again this Sunday. It is awesome to help lead those kids who are literally just days off the street and out of civilian clothes in worship. There is just such a genuine hunger for it in them. I will try to get a pic this time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds as if everything is under control there at Fort Riley! We agree, you have one tough lady for a wife. She just takes everything in stride and moves on. Love you all, Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Well,

Never underestimate the power of a woman. Particularly a woman with children and animals. Go Andrea!

Anonymous said...

That's my friend! You know Ken, she said that she would always protect me when we went to Wal-Mart. I realize that she meant it now!

Anonymous said...

YAY Andrea! You are my hero! Love you, Ging