Monday, April 30, 2007

Getting Closer

Tomorrow the last page of the April calendar falls to the floor, and May jumps up.

Why is that significant? It means the leaving time for CHBOLC is rolling closer like one of those giant snow balls. You know...the ones that start small, but then gather momentum and mass and swallow everything in its path? That seems like how the Army thing started. It started almost a year ago and seemed although significant...still yet somewhat innocuous (boy...I sure am liking big words tonight....I hope I am using them correctly). But now that the time is almost here, it seems pretty big.

God showers His grace on us, though. I still know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is God's will for us. I am looking forward to see what God does in and through our lives, too.

Well...happy May everyone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy May to you too

Anonymous said...

Man...

I'm just trying to finish this week with about five projects to complete. Then I'll let myself think about CH-BOLC. Sorry I haven't posted more comments. See you Thursday!

Ken said...

TO BETH
Thanks!

TO 2LT
I remember the project deadlines as well!! I have been thinking of you while you have the deadlines crashing down. See you Thursday.

Anonymous said...

CH Ken,
I almost freaked out when I awoke this morning (1 May). Time has certainly flown by since our journey began as well. ONE MORE MONTH - sickening and exciting all at the same time. What was it you told me? Like trying to stand on top of a greased flag pole or something like that. 3 June is inevitable.

I like the big words by the way.

Ken said...

CH KAY
May first was a wake-up call. I am a mixture as well: I am looking forward to getting there and starting this next phase of my life, but I do not look forward to leaving my family (same song - - 42nd verse!!)

All in all, though, I am looking forward to it as I know you are.