Monday, June 11, 2007

Are We Getting Paid for This?

We went to the Team Development Course Today. This is a course with different stations where a team is confronted with an obstacle and must work as a team to solve it. I got to be team leader on the the first element and loved it. I looked at one of my battle buddies at one point today and said "Do you realize we are getting paid for this?!"
I have put a couple of pictures here of some of the elements.
We also marched briefly today. After formation at 0630, we marched to the TDC area. (Thank the Lord for that 0630 formation. All but one of our formations last week were at 0430. 0630 seemed like sleeping in!) The march was only a mile or barely more. I actually really enjoyed it.

We march again tomorrow, but I do not know how far it will be. Tomorrow we go to the confidence course. This course centers more on individual activities. It consists of elements that help you conquer fear (thus the name...confidence course). One of the elements that has been described is a 70 foot wooden ladder that we must ascend, climb over the top, and then descend the other side (now I believe the height was exaggerated to me, but I am sure it is at least uncomfortably high). I will try to snap some more pics and post them tomorrow.
Oh yeah...to those of you who have been in the military who find it surprising that we can have cameras...that's really nothing. You should see the 57" TV we have in our apartment.
You know what they say...RHIP...Rank Has Its Privileges!!
Right now I need to try to do a little homework and then get in bed. I am a pretty tired chaplain.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that ladder! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Was looking at the blog this morning,"GEE" seen some one standing right next to You,with less hair than You. Is this also (r-h-i-p) that You don't even have to comb Your hair. I,also read that You have been having to get up at 0330 (3-30am in civilian life) What I,want to know is how come You are getting to sleep in. Or is that also (rhip)
Oh! ya get use to it,It does not get better with time.
Later
Dad

Anonymous said...

Was looking at the blog this morning,"GEE" seen some one standing right next to You,with less hair than You. Is this also (r-h-i-p) that You don't even have to comb Your hair. I,also read that You have been having to get up at 0330 (3-30am in civilian life) What I,want to know is how come You are getting to sleep in. Or is that also (rhip)
Oh! ya get use to it,It does not get better with time.
Later
Dad

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the double post. I've already dropped and gave you 25! (or was that two and a half?)
Dad