Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Is this a Man or Mosquito ?

Today we learned how to properly put on our gas masks. So that means that tomorrow we get to go try them out. This is the day we have heard about for so long...the NBC chamber (or gas chamber).



To be honest...I am looking forward to it. I know it will be unpleasant, but I am not worried about it. Once I have been through it, I will be glad to say I have done it.










We also had a special honor in class today. Major General David Hicks, the Army Chief of Chaplains, addressed our class today in a convocation. He is set to retire in one month after 42 years of serving our country. He truly seemed to be a genuine man of God, whom I am sure God has used mightily throughout the years. God used his message to us to further confirm in my heart my calling to the chaplaincy.
The thing he said that most stuck with me was this. He said that what he finally learned is that it was not about Dave Hicks, but it was about God and subjecting to His will.
Amen.
Talk to you again tomorrow after the gas chamber!






No comments: