Sunday, July 8, 2007

Catching up

This is a catching up blog. I honestly thought I would have more time to keep up with the blog than what I have so that is why you hear about things from me about a week after they happen.

The 4th of July...

The chaplains' school had a "mandatory fun day" at a lake here on Ft. Jackson. It really was pretty fun. We played games, cooked hot dogs and hamburgers and mixed and mingled.

My platoon was asked to provide a 5 minute devotional to start the day, and I volunteered. My roomate shot some video of it. He also got some video of me doing some intense studying during a break in the classroom. Both clips might be good for a laugh. (If you click the link below, the 'intense studying' is on the post titled "Random Video" and the devotional is on a post titled "CH-BOLC Picnic".

Click this link to go there (oh...by the way...spend some time reading other posts because this blog is by my awesome friend 2LT Dave...and it is a pretty good blog).

7 comments:

LT Dave said...

Thanks for the plug about my blog. Your check is in the mail.

Anonymous said...

I understand you can comprehend a lot more studying like that(study break video), but if the bullets start flying to look up to see who's shooting.

Anonymous said...

That should have read, "but if the bullets starting flying don't try to look up to see who's shooting." Oh well, glad to see that all is well.

Ken said...

thanks for the advice Thomas...I will take that to heart. I was so tired that day...a mortar could have gone off next to me and I would not have known!!!

Good to hear from you

Anonymous said...

Hey Ken! Good blog, enjoyed the pics.

John Cook said...

Question for you sir: I am hopefully going to CHOBC next summer, and am searching for a good digital camera. Based on the picture on your website (I have been keeping up with what you write and love it), your camera is taking great pictures and doing a great job of withstanding what you are putting it through. What type of digital camera is it?

Thanks!

2LT (Chaplain Candidate) John Cook

Anonymous said...

Where has Chaplain Ken gone, I've missed reading his entertaining messages about his life in the Army!