Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Chaplain's Ball

Okay...first of all...let me say that I know that I have been a bad little chaplain because it has been so long since I blogged. You know...I am not even going to offer any excuses. It is what it is.

Last night I went to the Chaplain's Regimental Ball. It commemorated the 232nd anniversary of the Chaplaincy Corps. That means that General George Washington saw the need for his soldiers in his Continental Army to have a chaplain a year before the Declaration of Independence was even signed. The chaplaincy has a long, significant history. Pray that its existence will be protected into the future so the deepest needs of soldiers can continue to be met at the times of most dire need.

Pictured with me are some of the members of my platoon. After me, that is Jenny, Brian, and Rick. Brian and Rick are both fellow Oklahomans. We had a great time, and it was really fun to have a reason to put our dress blues on for an evening.

I will try to be more regular in posting again. I am offering a refund of the subscription for any disgruntled readers.

P.S. ATTN 2LT John Cook, sorry I have not responded. Why don't you send me an email and I can try to answer your question.







3 comments:

LT Dave said...

Wow...that is a snazzy bunch of chaplains and a chaplain candidate! It further confirmed that I'm making the right move to get involved in the guard and put the uniform on a little more regularly, even if they usually are just ACU's. I'm fighting a tought battle against my jealousy of you all getting to wear the dress blues.

Tell everybody that my prayers are constantly with them.

Anonymous said...

Looking mighty G-O-O-D there Son, Ahhhh--Sir.
Dad

You look real cool in your dress blues! We are really proud of you! Mom

Ps: You can keep our share of the refund of the blog prescription. Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

You look good sweetie! Andrea